4DSP Updates its Industry-Leading FPGA Mezzanine Card (FMC) Line with the FMC216, 16-channel D/A card
4DSP today announced the release of a new FPGA Mezzanine Card (FMC - VITA 57.1) for high-speed waveform generation. The FMC216 provides sixteen 16-bit D/A channel at 312.5Msps (interpolated to 2.5Gsps).
Austin, TX - 4DSP today announced the release of a new FPGA Mezzanine Card (FMC – VITA 57.1) for high-speed waveform generation. The FMC216 provides sixteen 16-bit D/A channel at 312.5Msps (interpolated to 2.5Gsps). The design is based on Texas Instruments DAC39J84 Digital-to-Analog converter. As the only conduction-cooled capable module in this frequency range, the FMC216 provides high-performance analog outputs and, when combined with FPGAs and DSPs, offers an excellent solution for demanding real-time, embedded applications in the communications, defense, and medical industries. It is especially well-suited for low-power aerospace applications where the highest level of performance is required while ensuring that mission range is not affected.
“4DSP continues to lead the embedded computing market with the broadest portfolio and the greatest range of capabilities offered in the FMC form factor,” said Peter Kortekaas, Director of Engineering at 4DSP’s Austin headquarters. “Our customers often push silicon devices to the limit, so we focus on boards designed for maximum performance while providing reference designs and development tools that mitigate risk in the system development and integration cycle,” he added.
The FMC216 can be clocked by either an internal clock source (optionally locked to an external reference) or an externally supplied sample clock. In addition, a trigger input for customized sampling control is available. It has a high-pin count (HPC) connector, front panel I/O, and can be used in a conduction-cooled environment. The analog signals are DC-coupled. Flexible control of clock source is possible through serial communication busses.
More details about this product can be found on the following page:
• 16-channel D/A 16-bit 312.5Msps
• VITA 57.1-2010 compliant
• Single-ended, DC-coupled analog signals
• Breakout cable with SMA connectors available from the front panel
• Clock source, sampling frequency through SPI communication busses
• Flexible clock tree enables:
o Onboard VCO
o External reference clock
o External sampling clock
• Power-down modes to switch off unused functions for system power savings
• Mil-I-46058c Conformal Coating available (optional)
• HPC – High Pin Count Connector
• JESD204B signaling
• Direct RF Up-conversion
• Software defined radio (SDR)
• RADAR/SONAR Electronic Warfare
• Wideband satellite transmitter
• Medical equipment
• Aerospace and test instrumentation
Board Support Package
• 4FM GUI offers multiple functions including the ability to monitor voltage and temperature; perform memory tests; measure the PCIe bandwidth; update FPGA firmware; and access StellarIP
• StellarIP available for this product. It offers a simple way to design FPGA firmware with automated code and bitstream generation.
• Data analyzer makes it possible to display digitized data real time
• User Manual
• Performance Report
• Support provided on 4DSP's support forum private boards
• Reference designs available for multiple FPGA carriers
USA / International
Tel. +1 (800) 816-1751 Fax. +1 (775) 473-9928
E-mail: email@example.com Web: www.4dsp.com
4DSP LLC, 3101 Bee Caves Road, Suite 350, Austin, TX 78746, USA
Tel. +31-172-749749 Fax. +31-172-891-261
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: www.4dsp.com
4DSP BV, Ondernemingsweg 66f, 2404HN, Alphen aan den Rijn, Netherlands
About 4DSP LLC
4DSP is an innovative Austin, Texas-based corporation dedicated to the design and manufacture of commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) board-level electronics, FPGA Intellectual Property (IP Core), and system level solutions. With the most advanced digitizers and FPGA-based products, 4DSP has a reputation for delivering high-performance DSP solutions for the specific embedded computing requirements of Military, Aerospace, Biomedical and Chemical Science applications. As an AS9100 certified company, 4DSP excels at providing solutions that make an impact in both the lab and the field. More information about 4DSP can be found at http://www.4dsp.com.