Portable OpenVPX Desktop Development and Demonstration Chassis
Elma’s D-Frame engineering development platform combines a rich feature set with portability and easy access for embedded system design efforts. It is ideal for activities such as table top demonstration, board design, application development, data flow analysis and troubleshooting. Light weight with a sleek and attractive look, the D-Frame has a convenient carrying handle and rubber feet. Its brief case shape promotes easy collaboration and transport among design team members supporting demonstration and test activities. A clear, hinged top hatch provides visibility and easy access for probing cards and rear transition modules. D-Frames support both air and conduction cooled boards and the expandable design enables support for multiple board counts in 3U and 6U form factors.
Configuration options for a variety of requirements include board size, board count, conduction cooled card guides, power supply versions, connectors, fan selection and color. Choose a backplane from Elma’s wide range of VPX products including power and ground backplanes. Primarily designed for VPX architecture, the D-Frame may also be configured for cPCI, cPCI Serial or VME boards as well.
- Configurations supporting up to 4 x 3U or 6U boards and RTMs
- AC/DC external 12V power supply with D38999 connector. Internal DC-DC conversion for VPX rails and fan power. Inquire about alternate power options
- 3 fans providing side to side airflow
- Choose from our line of backplanes
- Clear top hatch with hinges for easy access
- Front and rear card guides
- Optional conduction cooled card guides
- Carrying handle and 4 mounting feet for desktop usage